Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Aldeburgh Seaside, Suffolk

Whilst in Suffolk we went for a trip to the pretty seaside town of Aldeburgh armed with my small sailboat. All the fresh air that we breathed for the 20 minute journey there made us starving and the first thing we did on arriving was queue for some freshly fried fish and chips.


The Aldeburgh chippie is a stone's throw or a quick-2-year-old bolt away from the beach itself. There was a significant queue but it moved quickly and in no time we were choosing between large cod/med haddock or large cod/large haddock. We sat and ate our delicious lunch on the pebbles in the warm October sunshine. You'll be pleased to know that I ate a good share of Mummy's haddock even tho I was sharing an extra large cod with Daddy. The fish was perfectly cooked, firm not soggy and not at all fishy in taste with a crisp light batter and rested on chips which were thickly cut and very potato-y.

Later I sailed my sailboat on the little pond and we all went to the Aldeburgh farmer's market to see Grandpa's honey on sale. It was proudly displayed on the counter next to the till however there was not time to look around properly as I'd decided I was tired and it was time for a major cry/wail/square mouth session.

I had a good nap as we went back to Sudbourne and perked up enough for a game of croquet on the lawn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

brilliant but true